HES Writing Fair Winners HES Spelling Bee Winners
Kylie Cook - 3rd grade, Payton Gaskins - 4th grade, 1st Place - Azmiveth Atkinson
Pamela Dunblazier - 5th grade, Lauren Varnadore - 2nd grade, 2nd Place - Cameron Claar
Nathan Knox - Kindergarten, and Jada Eakins - 1st grade
Lauren Varnadore won 1st place in 2nd grade for the Lowndes County Schools!
Jada Eakins won 2nd place in 1st grade for the Lowndes County Schools!
Kylie Cook won 2nd place in 3rd grade for the Lowndes County Schools!
Payton Gaskins won 3rd place in 4th grade for the Lowndes County Schools!
Where 97% of students in Gr. 3-4-5 passed the 2011 CRCT (Reading/English, and Math). These kids are AWESOME ! ! !
HES has surpassed the standard for
Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for ten consecutive years!
Please click here to access 2012-2013 school supply list
Have a question to ask about HES?
Click here to send an email.
Mission: "Working together to teach students in a safe, orderly, and challenging environment, inspiring them to learn and excel"
Vision: "A corps of passionate and unified learning communities striving for world-class educational excellence every day"
Belief Statements: Student learning is the priority of the school.
- All students can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches while applying learning in meaningful contexts.
- Challenging expectations increase student performance.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and when given appropriate opportunities for success.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Motto: HES = Helping Everyone Succeed
Please take a minute to participate in this parent survey that will help provide information for our school.
The survey will be open for participation March 1st thru March 10th of 2013.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal is where you will find information about your child's homeroom teacher, and check on grades, attendance, and other information related to your child. If you do not have your Parent Portal login and password, you will need to take picture identification to the Board of Education Office at 1592 Norman Drive to receive this information. You will be able to review all your children with a single login/password.