Welcome to HES
Mission: "Working together to teach students in a safe, orderly, and challenging environment, inspiring them to learn and excel"
Vision: "A corps of passionate and unified learning communities striving for world-class educational excellence every day"
Belief Statements: Student learning is the priority of the school.
- All students can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches while applying learning in meaningful contexts.
- Challenging expectations increase student performance.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and when given appropriate opportunities for success.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Motto: HES = Helping Everyone Succeed
GA HES CAL
Monday, October 5, 2015 thru Friday, February 26, 2016
Georgia Parent Survey
The Georgia Parent Survey contains 24 questions. Parents, please complete the survey using your personal computer, smartphones or tablet. For parents that do not have access to the Internet, you may complete the survey at school. We encourage you to participate in the survey because the data will be used as part of the calculation of the School Climate Star Rating. Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis.
Georgia Parent Survey:
Honey Bee Poster Contest Winners
Hahira Honey Bee Poster Contest
Back Row: Iris Mathis-Principal, Emma Drawdy-5th Place, Amelia Music-Grand Prize Winner, Neil Wilkes-Assistant Principal
Front Row: Andrew Bartlett-Third Place, Parker Gay-Honorable Mention, Cade Eckdahl-4th Place, Aryn McConnell
Congratulations to all of our winners! Winning posters will be on display at the Hahira Historical Museum and the Hahira Courthouse during the Festival!