The Community Partners in Education (CPIE) Awards Ceremony was held on Thursday, September 19, at the Valdosta High School Performing Arts Center. Hahira Elementary School was well represented by our coordinators, Mrs. Jenny Saliba and Mrs. Karen Tattersall, and Principal Iris Mathis. Also present were our school award winners. Those partners recognized during the ceremony were:
- Small Business Partner of the Year - Adams Orthodontics
- Large Business Partner of the Year - Chick Fil-A North
- PAL of the Year - Chick Fil-A St. Augustine
- Volunteer of the Year - Tisha Johnson
Hahira Elementary wishes to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of our CPIE partners for the vital role they play in supporting our school!
Pictured below are Volunteer of the Year Tisha Johnson, and HES CPIE Coordinators, Karen Tattersall and Jenny Saliba. They are displaying the Volunteer of the Year Award and the School of Distinction plaque presented at the ceremony.
Enjoy the video below to see what community partners mean to the students at HMS and HES!
We congratulate our 2013-2014 Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Heather Dailey. Mrs. Dailey teaches fourth grade at HES! We wish her well and honored her on August 1 at our Lowndes County Convocation program.
Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year! We are very excited about our first CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Performance Index) score which was 98.7%! Hahira Elementary School continues its tradition of excellence.
Where 99% of 5th graders passed the 2013 CRCT in Reading, ELA, and Math.
Where 99% of 4th graders passed the 2013 Reading CRCT, 98% passed the ELA CRCT, and 97% passed the Math CRCT!
Where 98% of 3rd graders passed the 2013 CRCT in Reading and ELA and 94% passed in Math!
HES has surpassed the standard for
Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for ten consecutive years! This year AYP has been replaced by the CCRPI index.
Have a question to ask about HES?
Click here to send an email.
Mission: "Working together to teach students in a safe, orderly, and challenging environment, inspiring them to learn and excel"
Vision: "A corps of passionate and unified learning communities striving for world-class educational excellence every day"
Belief Statements: Student learning is the priority of the school.
- All students can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches while applying learning in meaningful contexts.
- Challenging expectations increase student performance.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and when given appropriate opportunities for success.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Motto: HES = Helping Everyone Succeed
Sharon Plummer, Tara Weldon, Beth Wisenbaker and Michelle Denly enjoyed a night with Ron Clark at the Teacher Appreciation Dinner hosted by The Valdosta Rotary Club.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal is where you will find information about your child's homeroom teacher, and check on grades, attendance, and other information related to your child. If you do not have your Parent Portal login and password, you will need to take picture identification to the Board of Education Office at 1592 Norman Drive to receive this information. You will be able to review all your children with a single login/password.